The Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST) and NFG's Funders for a Just Economy (FJE) invites you to attend the 2016 Post-Election Briefing: Politics, Policy and Philanthropy, on November 16-17, 2016 in Washington, DC. This meeting is free of charge and open to foundation representatives and philanthropic advisors.
The 2016 elections are a sign of changing times--in terms of political participation, dialog on the direction of the country, and directions for social and economic policy. Assessing the new environment in the aftermath of the election and identifying new windows of opportunity to work strategically and collaboratively will be essential to advancing the work of philanthropy and improving the lives of low-income families, workers and communities.
Join us for a conversation on:
- Election outcomes and what it suggests in terms of opportunities and challenges facing families and communities across the nation;
- Roundtable discussions on what this means for our work as funders;
- Philanthropic efforts underway to help shape the first 100 days of the new Administration and Congress;
- Media game changers in the elections and how our communication strategies must change as the media evolves; and
- New research on communications approaches that can shift public thinking on race equity, gender, government, and other issues.
For more information, please contact Cema Siegel at email@example.com.