Apply today! The Strategic Communications Mentorship is a hands-on program that supports staff and their organizations to effectively use communications to amplify organizing efforts, increase power, craft winning narratives, and win campaigns. The Center for Story-Based Strategy is accepting applications through February 11, 2015 for the inaugural class of four mentees. Apply today!
Integrated communications strategies are a game changer for organizers and advocates working to win campaigns and advance larger movements. Yet many organizations haven’t moved from using communications as an add-on tactic to embracing the full power of communications as a core strategy for social change. The Strategic Communications Mentorship offers the support needed to make this shift AND build necessary expertise in communications skills.
CSBS's six-month program, which runs from April to October in 2015 (see all important dates on the application page), is anchored by weekly mentoring calls for communications staff and monthly coaching calls for supervisors/strategy leads. Regular virtual trainings for mentees will be open to staff and leaders at their organization. Mentees will meet three times over the course of the program, for hands-on training and cohort-building – this includes the Center for Story-Based Strategy Advanced Training in July.
Mentees and their supervisors must be able to make the time and commitment in order to take full advantage of the program in order to successfully shift their communications from tactical add-on to powerful game-changing strategy.
Mentees and their organizations will learn how to:
· Reach and engage targeted audiences beyond their base
· Position their organization and members within broader civic conversations
· Develop spokespeople and place their powerful stories in media
· Design breakthrough narratives that shift power in the field
· Build lasting relationships with reporters and editors
· Develop integrated strategic communications plans
· Use digital media to support organizing and traditional media campaigns.
· Understand and use best communications practices
· Evaluate and effectively resource communications programs
Application deadline is February 11, 2015 – apply today!
If you have additional questions about the Strategic Communications Mentorship check out the application page for more details. If you still have questions register for the information session (January 14) here. If you can’t wait, email Joseph Phelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.