Please join us for a timely conversation about opportunities to advance economic justice and security for all.
April 23 – 24, 2015
Public Welfare Foundation Washington, DC
Updated Agenda HERE!
This is an opportunity for us to learn about key policy developments for workers and working families over the past year, continue our discussion on the future of work, focus on exciting gains in black worker organizing, examine the progress, challenges, and opportunities for policy and organizing in immigration, and look ahead to Election Year 2016.
We have an incredible line up of speakers this year, including Celinda Lake, Lake Research Partners; Gihan Perera, Florida New Majority; Sarita Gupta, Jobs with Justice; Tsedeye Gebreselassie, National Employment Law Project; and Heidi Sheirholz, US Department of Labor, among many others.
Program highlights include:
- Innovative enforcement strategies around minimum wage, overtime, health and safety, and paid sick leave protections.
- Immigration policy implementation: how worker organizations are supporting workers and working families.
- Opposition threats: how social justice organizations can prepare for and protect themselves against potential attacks.
Honoring the Discount Foundation
Copyright 2014 Melanie Cervantes, DignidadRebelde.com
We will also be honoring the Discount Foundation’s key role in funding community and worker organizing, as well as founding the WGLCP and organizing philanthropy to support this work.
We will celebrate Discount’s legacy over dinner at Carmine’s following the policy briefing. Space is limited for the dinner so please let us know if you'll be able to join us on the registration page.
- April 23, 9:00am – 5:00 pm, Discount Foundation Dinner, 5:30 – 8:00pm
- April 24, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Registration Cost: $125. Register now in the form below.
This briefing is open to funders and philanthropic advisors only. If you have any questions, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee may be waived upon request. Contact email@example.com for more information.
1200 NW U St
Washington, DC 20009-4443
Google map and directions