Healing Justice Institute
Pre-Conference Event at the
Grantmakers In Health Annual Conference
on Health Philanthropy
Hosted by NFG’s Funders for Justice
Registration Cost: $250
Presented with support from
The Jacob & Valeria Langeloth Foundation, Third Wave Fund,
and Urgent Action Fund
The Healing Justice Institute is an opportunity for grantmakers to engage in a day-long learning and strategy institute about supporting healing justice at the intersections of racial justice and health justice.
- Build new relationships with healing justice field leaders, and with funder colleagues across typical silos of health funders and social change funders
- Gain an understanding of healing justice work that is centered on power-building in communities of color, as part of building practices of community safety & justice
- Have examples of projects they can fund, and people to meet with to strategize about where and how best to put money in the field
Institute Facilitator & Trainer: Cara Page
- Adaku Utah, Harriet's Apothecary
- Anjali Taneja, Casa de Salud
- Dago Bailon, Trans Queer Pueblo
- Mia Mingus, Bay Area Transformative Justice Collective
- Prentis Hemphill, Resilient Strategies
For more information, contact Lorraine Ramirez, Senior Program Manager of Funders for Justice at Neighborhood Funders Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funders for Justice is a national network of funders increasing resources to grassroots organizing addressing the intersections of racial justice, gender justice, criminalization, and models for community safety and justice.