New York State Rural Equity Summit
Note: Due to limited space, this meeting is an invite-only event for funders.
Join Neighborhood Funders Group (NFG) and Engage New York (ENY) for the New York State Rural Equity Meeting on October 21-22, 2019. NFG and ENY are bringing together funders interested in exploring the New York State (NYS) rural landscape and how to build an action agenda to promote equity in communities across the state.
To plan ways NY rural communities can drive and participate in strategies to advance equity and drive progressive change.
- Deeper knowledge of the strategies rural grantmakers and other change agents are employing.
- A shared understanding of where the strongest points of intersection are between the work and analysis of NY rural grantmakers, Engage NY’s statewide work and NFG’s national and place-based work.
- Identify what immediate steps can be taken on advancing equity or other issues of shared concern.
- Identify opportunities for longer term efforts.
We will discuss how rural communities are working to shift policy and build a new economy—and how philanthropy can assist in their efforts. Hear presentations from rural grantmakers and organizing groups, and dive into a set of workshops to strategize around how rural communities can lead and participate in existing national and statewide work.
- Building power and statewide alignment.
- Rural development strategies
- Environmental protection of public lands
- Rural immigration strategies
- Bridging the rural urban divide
Please let us know if you need financial assistance to attend. We are offering to assist with costs for a limited number of participants with financial barriers.
For any questions, contact Faron McLurkin, Senior Program Manager of NFG's Integrated Rural Strategies Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This tour is co-planned by: Randi Hewit (President, Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes), Marianne Rosica-Brand (Trustee, William McGowan Charitable Fund), Lisa Fasolo Fishman (Engage NY), and Faron McLurkin (Neighborhood Funders Group).
Glenora Wine Cellars
Dundee, NY 14837
We have secured a room block with the following group rates:
- Vintner's Guestrooms (2 queen beds) — $169/night
- Vintner's Select Guestrooms: 1 king bed with fireplace — $229/night
To reserve a room, call (607) 243-9500 and ask for Inn Reservations. Indicate you are staying with Neighborhood Funders Group to receive a group rate. Please bring your tax exemption certificate and provide it to the hotel at check-in.
Glenora Wine Cellars only takes reservations for groups by phone; please do not reserve a room online since you will not be able to register under our hotel room block. For any other questions about Glenora Wine Cellars, call 1-800-243-5513.