Director of Finance and Accounting | NextFifty Initiative
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance and Accounting (Director) is responsible for all financial, accounting and tax related activities; investment administration and operations in conjunction with the Investment Committee; regulatory and compliance requirements; oversight and reporting of the grant management financial activities for NextFifty Initiative. The Director will work closely with the NextFifty Initiative Board Treasurer and will serve as staff support and primary liaison for the Finance, Audit and Investment Committees of the Board. This is a hands on position and will require flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to fully engage in the needs of the organization.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Manage assets of ~$225 million and financial strategies and activities of the organization
- Develop, manage and monitor the annual budget and present operational metrics both internally and externally
- Support the work of the Finance Committee and serve as the organizational liaison to the Committee in its work
- Prepare and communicate financial statements and reports monthly, annually and as needed, in accordance with GAAP
- Oversee all employee benefit negotiations and manage all benefits and enrollments
- Manage and oversee payroll
- Serve as the liaison between the Investment Advisor and the Investment Committee, and facilitate the implementation of investment decisions
- Manage annual audit process, and preparation and filing of tax returns
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures in compliance with state and federal standards
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for financial and grantmaking functions
- Manage all vendor contracts
- Oversee, manage and reconcile bank accounts
- Oversee and participate in accounts payable and accounts receivable as needed
A Qualified Candidate will have:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CPA (preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years prior accounting experience, preferably a portion of that involving nonprofit accounting, to include a minimum of 3 years at a Controller or comparable responsibility level
- Expert level of knowledge of Excel and strong experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with QuickBooks and Paylocity (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of centering equity in their approach to and in the execution of their work
- Experience working with or living within historically underserved or marginalized populations (preferred)
People are what make NextFifty Initiative thrive. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive organization that promotes equity and recognizes diversity as critical to our mission and impact.
In 300 words or less, please include in your application a statement telling us (1) What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) means to you. (2) What have you done to exhibit it in your personal and/or professional life? (3) Why is DEI important to you and why is it worth the challenges and obstacles it presents in doing the work? Please do not provide information in your Diversity Statement that reveals your race, gender, age, or other protected class.
Starting salary is a minimum of $120,000 DOE.
If you are interested in applying to the Director of Finance and Accounting position, please submit your cover letter, resume and Diversity Statement (ALL THREE ARE REQUIRED to be considered) to:
Dr. Richard DelaCastro