Finance Administrative Partner | Marguerite Casey Foundation
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Administration, the Finance Administrative Partner is a highly organized, effective, and articulate administrator, who proactively supports the Finance and Investments team by performing a variety of accounting, office management and broad administrative duties.
- Serve as a key strategic partner in completing tasks and meeting established team and organizational goals.
- Reconcile investment, grant payment, petty cash, fixed asset, bank and credit card statements.
- Maintain contracts and partner with internal contract managers to ensure timely and accurate payment to vendors.
- Execute regular processes for all outgoing payments to external parties, including vendors, consultants, and grantees.
- Track employee expenses and process reimbursements.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Foundation’s operations and activities
- Function as a key liaison, contributor, and point-person for records related to Finance. Promote information management best practices
- Establish and maintain appropriate Foundation operational records in appropriate print and digital formats within designated systems
- Routinely review and develop process improvement system
- Routinely share knowledge and information that supports and strengthens workflow across the Foundation
- B.A./B.S. with at least two years of administrative experience in a complex environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of and interest in accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Close attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to prioritize, organize and manage time effectively
- Flexibility and skill in working as a team member while taking ownership of tasks and projects in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional knowledge and experience working with Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications and G-Suite
- Strong initiative, sense of urgency, and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity within a anti-racist and anti-white supremacy framework
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Highly conscientious with a sense of ownership and ability to hold themselves and others accountable
- Action-oriented with the ability to “connect the dots” and think strategically
- Managed ego and the capacity for self-reflection
- Discretion, good judgement, and ability to handle confidential issues
- Sense of humor
We are an organization driven by a belief that low-income and poor families need to be protagonists in shaping our democracy and economy. We believe that freedom is possible when we support those on the frontlines to imagine, try, and organize the communities we care about. We are an anti-racist and anti-whitesupremacist organization. In order to be successful at the Marguerite Casey Foundation, you must be able to:
- Work in an environment where curiosity, not certainty, informs our work.
- Build rapport and trust with our team, grant recipients, and field leaders.
- Work collaboratively with our team, grant recipients, and field leaders.
- Lead and manage your own body of work, from inception to completion.
- Set expectations of our team, grant recipients, and field leaders appropriately.
- Know when you are in over your head and communicate it to our team, trusting that we will be here to support
Salary: $90,000 – 120,000
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at the Marguerite Casey Foundation, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
If you have any questions regarding the Finance Administrative Partner position, please email email@example.com and put “Careers: Finance Administrative Partner” in the subject line.