Operations Manager | JustFund
JustFund is seeking an Operations Manager to join our growing team. The Operations Manager will be responsible for strategically supporting and executing the programmatic and financial growth of the organization.
JustFund’s team is remote with teammates across the United States.
The Operations Manager will be based within the United States and will report to the Managing Director.
- Human Resources (HR) and Compliance (30%)
- Oversee HR Professional Employer Organization (PEO), and payroll system; implement best practices; institute employment policies, benefits, trainings, and regulatory compliance
- Ensure performance evaluations are conducted on time and partner with managers and employees to advise and build professional development plans and learning opportunities
- Manage hiring practices, including posting new positions, organizing applicants, conducting initial screens, and ensuring a diverse applicant pool
- Liaise with legal counsel and manage contracts and agreement
- Finance and Administration (30%)
- Support CEO and Managing Director with budgetary planning, accounting, compliance and risk, in alignment with JustFund’s strategic plan
- Maintain internal control safeguards and oversee all audit activities in partnership with accountants
- Manage day-to-day finance operations, including: processing deposits, payables, invoicing, reimbursements, and monthly bookkeeping activities in QuickBooks
- Liaise with staff accountant to produce monthly balance sheets and financial statements
- Manage contracts and invoicing with vendors and contractors
- Manage sales operations, including: client invoices, service agreements, and payments
- Draft and track proposals, financials, and reporting on foundation grants
- Program Operations (20%)
- Develop key organization-wide systems, policies, and processes, including managing technology such as the organization’s project management software Monday.com, CRM, Slack, and the like
- Support the team in working toward critical targets each quarter, oversee quarterly debriefs and ongoing progress toward goals by managing work plans, project manage teams on key deliverables, and ensure key outcomes are met
- Help to build a strong and healthy organizational culture and identity, including thinking through team building opportunities and wellness initiatives
- Plan and manage scheduling and logistics related to team meetings and retreats
- Support the coordination and scheduling of Board meetings, development of slide decks, financial statements, and other materials to share with the Board of Directors
- Communications (20%)
- Identify material development including JustFund branded collateral
- Support the maintenance of website pages and social media accounts
- 4+ years of related work experience, including nonprofit financial management, administration, and human resources
- Deep commitment to JustFund’s mission and values
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in assessing, designing, and building efficient systems, processes, policies, tools, and organizational practices
- Excellent problem solving ability with a strong orientation towards leveraging resources and technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Demonstrated experience working with QuickBooks, project management systems, CRMs, Zoom, and Slack
- Experience working within a nonprofit, philanthropic, and/or mission driven organization
- Experience with relationship development and management with an orientation toward network building
We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications.
This position is remote and will be regularly interfacing with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
The annual salary budget for this position is $55,000 to $65,000 and will be commensurate to experience.
JustFund offers generous benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Cell phone and internet stipend
How to Apply
Apply for the position here.
JustFund was created by funders and organizers of color to remove traditional barriers in philanthropy and to simplify the grants application process for organizations working at the forefront of social change. Built to center equity in grantmaking, and designed as a tool that brings the principles of trust-based philanthropy to life, we are resetting how grantmaking works for those seeking and distributing funding.
To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us/
JustFund is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.