People Operations Manager | Marguerite Casey Foundation
The People Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Marguerite Casey Foundation’s employee experience, including recruiting, compensation, training and compliance, and organizational health. In this role, you'll be a subject matter expert and critical advisor to the Vice President of Culture and Operations, as well as a key advocate of MCF’s culture and values, and the belief that when people are free to bring their full selves to work, amazing things happen. This role is critical in ensuring that our policies, processes and procedures are people-centered, responsive to both employee needs and organizational imperatives, and aligned with MCF’s values and our commitment to racial equity as an anti-racist and anti-white supremacist organization. This position is full-time, exempt, and reports to the Vice President of Culture and Operations.
If you were here right now, some projects you would be working on would potentially include:
- Auditing all existing people-related policies and procedures to ensure alignment with our commitment to racial equity;
- Researching innovative ways of successfully implementing equitable restorative justice models in the workplace while managing legal risk;
- Developing a training calendar and content that will not only keep the organization in compliance, but underscore and strengthen the cultural pillars integral to our approach to shifting power.
- Provide strategic advice and input to the VP of Culture and Operations regarding overall people strategies that support the culture, strategy, and growth needs of the Foundation and its employees.
- Deliver engaging training to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, team health and conflict resolution, change management, diversity, belonging, and organizational development to promote a transparent, just and equitable work environment.
- Respond to employee concerns regarding performance management, performance improvement plans, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and team and organizational health.
- Effectively partner with team members and stakeholders to achieve success in attracting, developing, and retaining diverse and aligned talent.
- Draft and update internal policies as needed, and provide fair and consistent accessibility and administration of those policies.
- Maintain key employee employment records, and comply with all record-keeping requirements.
- Maintain current and complete understanding of federal and Washington State employment laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Proactively identify and recommend areas of improvement and translate workforce data into meaningful recommendations for leadership to act upon.
- Analyze compensation and benefits data to ensure internal equity.
- Responsible for other duties/projects as needed. Lead special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years human resources/people operations generalist or senior generalist experience, with emphasis in culture building, change management, employee relations, and/or organizational development. Previous experience in government or the non-profit sector will be strongly considered.
- Previous experience applying racial equity and diversity in human resources/people operations in the development and implementation of human resources/people operations policies and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of best practices for equitable people processes and outcomes, as well as federal and Washington State employment and labor laws.
- Strong professional judgement and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, and superior organizational and self-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - abilities to write clearly and concisely, present, facilitate, train, influence, and negotiate with others are critical. In addition, the proven ability to have brave conversations with compassion and care is vital for success in this role.
- Managed ego with the demonstrated ability to drive collaboration and strengthen team cohesion and health.
- Proficient understanding of Google Suite (including Gmail, Docs, Forms, Slides, Sheets, and Google Sites) and Zoom. Familiarity with survey software and employee engagement and/or performance management platforms, such as 15Five, is preferred.
Marguerite Casey Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent medical/dental/vision coverage for employees and their families, retirement benefits, generous and flexible paid time off, paid family and medical leave, a transit pass, and ongoing professional development.
SALARY RANGE: $108,000 - $162,000