Program Associate | Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation
The Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation (WRF) seeks a Program Associate to support its mission to relentlessly pursue economic equity, educational equity, and social, ethnic, and racial equity for all Arkansans.
About the Foundation
WRF affirms the legacy of Governor Rockefeller, who envisioned a thriving and prosperous Arkansas that benefits all Arkansans. WRF is the catalyst for structural change in Arkansas. We lead the way with a deep commitment to equity, great courage in the face of opposition, and bold collaborative relationships with partners who care deeply to change our state and our nation.
About the Position
The Program Associate will provide support to the Foundation’s Equity Officers. The Program Associate is responsible for a variety of programmatic, communication, and grants management duties in support of the AR Equity 2025 strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project management and communications support
- Help prepare, review, and edit board meeting materials
- Create presentation materials and communicate with stakeholders
- Conduct research on current issues in philanthropy, movement building, equity, and place-based community change
- Develop, disseminate, and edit strategic communications, such as special reports on the Foundation’s grantees and initiatives, blogs, and e-blasts
- Oversee logistics for convenings, including the arrangement of meeting space, catering, handouts, transportation, and technology
- Contribute to the operations team to ensure efficient operations
- Support core programmatic activities such as partner relationships, proposal development, and grant processing
- Oversee the life cycle of approved grants by managing an accurate, timely grant reporting process in coordination with the Foundation’s grants and operations officer
- Support organizational data management by monitoring, collecting, and analyzing data presented as part of the grants process
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, sharp attention to detail, and persistence in following through on projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks independently; effective management of shifting priorities and time-sensitive projects to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and a willingness to learn new tools and systems
- Demonstrated flexibility, maturity, and ability to work as a team with program staff, consultants, and persons outside the Foundation
- Good sense of humor and abiding optimism in the potential for Arkansas to improve people’s lives
- Strong understanding of and commitment to equity in Arkansas
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience preferred in education, economic development, communications, community change, or public policy. Prior experience in the nonprofit sector is preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $43,000 - $53,000
How to Apply
Apply with a cover letter, resume, references, and one-page writing sample in Word or PDF format. Applications should be directed to Katie Wiggins, senior operations associate: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place WRF Program Associate and your name in the subject line.