Program Coordinator, State Infrastructure Fund | NEO Philanthropy
NEO Philanthropy is a 501(c)(3) public charity located in New York City that operates grantmaking and technical assistance programs for institutional and individual donors interested in social justice and human rights issues. By developing sustainable partnerships among donors, grantees and allied groups, NEO seeks to foster a movement for social change resulting in equality, fairness and a stronger participatory democracy.
The State Infrastructure Fund (SIF) is a donor collaborative based at NEO Philanthropy, Inc. Founded in 2010, SIF has raised over $65 million since its inception to increase civic participation and advance voting rights among people of color and other historically underrepresented communities by providing grant support to networks of state-focused nonpartisan organizations that engage their communities through advocacy, organizing and litigation.
The Program Coordinator will provide broad administrative and program support to the two State Infrastructure Fund Senior Program Officers and will serve as the liaison between program and the operations at SIF. The selected candidate will work closely with the SIF Operations Manager to help foster effective communication and flow of information to ensure that program, grantmaking and fundraising are effectively implemented. The ideal candidate has strong administrative experience and direct experience working with diverse communities on the ground in the areas of civic engagement, voter engagement, election protection and voting rights. The coordinator is well-organized and comfortable with systems and processes. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Program Officers and all members of the SIF and NEO staff to ensure the effective execution of SIF programming.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Senior Program Officer for State Strategy. Preferably, the selected applicant will be based at the NEO Philanthropy office in NYC or in one of SIF funded states. If remote, regular trips to NYC and other travel will be required.
Program Support: Provide support to the Senior Program Officers to help ensure the program team has what they need to succeed and deliver excellent results.
- Provide administrative and program support to Senior Program Officers, including monitoring calendars, task lists and deadlines.
- Review and summarize all grantee reports and proposals for content, legal compliance and other issues. Follow-up with appropriate staff to resolve any inconsistencies.
- Consistently collect, aggregate and analyze information from grantee reports, calls, retreats and other sources for donor proposals, reports, meetings and dockets.
- Organize logistics, agendas and materials for program related site visits, meetings, presentations and calls.
- Schedule grantee evaluation calls and all other grantee related calls for Senior Program Officers.
- Help organize and manage logistics for Voting Rights Convening and Aligned Collaborative Fund meetings.
- Provide staffing support, notes and follow-up support for grantee and funder calls and meetings.
Liaison between the Program & Operations Departments: Ensure consistent communication and information flow between SIF departments to ensure all members of the team have what they need to be successful.
- Ensure that all information necessary for efficient grants tracking and administration is provided accurately and in a timely manner to the Program Associate and all other team members.
- Ensure all program related information for funder proposals and reports is accurately provided to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Aggregate and analyze program evaluation data and share this information with the Operations Manager and the team.
- Work with Operations Manager to develop and write narrative content for funder reports and proposals.
- Help develop program related presentation materials for SIF funder meetings.
- Provide additional support for fundraising, grants administration and other internal processes, as needed.
- Attend all SIF and NEO internal team meetings.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager and NEO Communications Manager to develop SIF-related website content and social media material.
- Develop summaries and stories about SIF program for funders and social media.
How to Apply
No calls, please. Interested applicants should send a resume, a cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NEO Philanthropy Careers
NEO Philanthropy is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NEO Philanthropy's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.