Program Officer - Early Childhood Education | W.K. Kellogg Foundation
The program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred. Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change. Knowledge, skills and experience in racial equity, community engagement and/or leadership development.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Spanish language written and spoken fluency desired.
- Foundation or nonprofit experience helpful.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
- Strong networks and strategic relationships in the field of education and learning.
- Knowledge of interventions that simultaneously work to optimize outcomes for children and their parents.
- Background building the capacity of infant and toddler programs, practices and policies.
- Understand and effectively communicate the foundation’s mission, vision, core values and strategic direction to support a birth to eight educational framework with internal and external groups, including key stakeholders and intermediaries.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation will be partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group
Click here to review the full position description and application instructions.