Program Officer, Family Economic Security | W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Program officers at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation are responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction.
- Ten to 15 years of significant relevant national systems experience in economic mobility, employment equity, and workforce development; Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a field relevant to the portfolio is preferred.
- Track record of successfully leading and developing initiatives and others and comfort within highly collaborative organizations and cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in using philanthropy as a tool to leverage public-private partnerships and equitable policy and systems change.
- Strong networks nationally and locally, and the ability to influence national leaders and public dialogue, connecting grantee partners to national and state advocacy opportunities, and public and private sector resources.
- Sophisticated understanding of national, regional, and state economic and racial disparities and trends, as well as systems and policy landscapes at the local, state, tribal, and federal levels.
- Knowledge of workforce and financial systems, labor and capital markets, and economic policy and practices that leverage diverse models and effective strategies for family economic security, particularly among underserved communities.
- Ability to successfully navigate the different sovereign, social, economic and political forces at the local, state, tribal, and federal levels in order to bring about systems change.
- Skilled understanding of philanthropy’s role in supporting community organizing and policy advocacy to leverage current trends, movements, and opportunities.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group
For inquiries and referrals:
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer