Senior Associate, Atlanta Civic Site | The Annie E. Casey Foundation
The Annie E. Casey Foundation is dedicated to building a brighter future for all children, families and communities in the United States. The Casey Foundation aims to be not only a place that does great work — but also a great place to work.
At Casey, you will find a dynamic environment with staff of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who share a deep commitment to advancing the Foundation’s mission.
The senior associate for the Atlanta Civic Site team will manage and advance the Foundation’s community-based and economic opportunity strategies focused on children and families in Atlanta. This position involves strategic leadership within the Foundation’s growing efforts in Atlanta specifically, as well as across the Foundation. The role requires expertise in ensuring philanthropic resources are well allocated and managed; knowledge of methods for improving economic stability through workforce development and entrepreneurship opportunities, youth and community engagement and capacity building; and a commitment to improving the lives of children and families.
The Foundation is seeking a visionary and detail-oriented individual to lead its economic opportunity strategy, including investments and collaborative partnerships in Atlanta. As a senior associate with the Atlanta Civic Site team, you will:
- manage and advance efforts to expand access to economic opportunities for families;
- support the Foundation’s racial equity and capacity-building work in Atlanta;
- collaborate with other teams within the Foundation on current and developing investments focused on economic success, workforce development, entrepreneurship, racial and ethnic equity and youth engagement in Atlanta;
- work with local stakeholders, including funders, nonprofit leaders and government partners, to help advance promising citywide interests that support the Foundation’s economic opportunity priorities; and
- ensure philanthropic resources are allocated, managed and leveraged effectively.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) and at least seven years of related experience, including a minimum of five years of successfully managing large projects and/or bodies of work in the workforce development and/or community economic development fields;
- demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, building collaborative relationships, engaging internal and external stakeholders and developing strategies;
- familiarity and experience working with Atlanta stakeholders, including state and local government, anchor institutions, nonprofits, other institutional partners and diverse populations;
- knowledge of public systems in workforce development and the public policies that govern them;
- experience and knowledge with evidence-based practices and concepts;
- awareness of cutting-edge innovations and practices in the field of workforce development; and
- a commitment to and appreciation for racial and ethnic equity and inclusion.
Casey is committed to enabling staff to bring their best selves to work by offering a range of professional development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, conferences and training to further grow their skills and expertise. The Foundation also provides a generous benefits package.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how you fit the qualifications above, why you are the best person for this job and why working for the Foundation as a senior associate interest you. The Foundation will not consider resumes submitted without a cover letter. Read the full job description and apply online at www.aecf.org/about/jobs