Senior Program Manager | Women Donors Network
WDN is a thriving and inclusive community of 250 progressive women philanthropists from around the country, united by a shared vision of justice and equity for all. Our members are bold and entrepreneurial and are willing to take risks; they combine their wealth, time and talents to support their progressive values. WDN provides the structure to help our donors be their most powerful selves, supporting movement-building work with bedrock funding, and incubating high-impact initiatives that create long-lasting change.
You will build and coordinate philanthropic investment strategies that maximize the collective impact of our diverse network. In support of our collective initiatives, you’ll work in partnership with WDN members to move resources quickly and take risks that win big: changing the face of American politics, bolstering Black-led movements across the country, and fostering creative strategies that upend existing power structures and advance systemic change. The right candidate will thrive by staying in touch with social justice movements, managing grantee relationships, and creating alignment and participation from WDN members in the development of our collective giving vehicles and strategies.
We are organized and detail-oriented, so you should be, too. It’s essential that you are both a team player and a self-starter who can ask the right questions and find the resources and connections you need. We value collaboration and working in small groups so this should be important to you as well, and we want you to share our passion for social change and our entrepreneurial spirit.
We prioritize applying an intersectional lens to all of our work and believe that a diverse staff is integral to everything we do. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and LGBTQ, bilingual, and bicultural individuals.
ONCE HERE, YOU WILL…
- Engage WDN members – creating opportunities for members to connect with leaders and movements fighting injustice, developing programs for member learning and political education, and managing in-person events.
- Develop relationships with activist leaders, issue experts, and grantee partners, ensuring that WDN’s work aligns with and supports communities on the frontlines.
- Lead our external research and strategy development to build support for collective giving
- Collaborate closely with all members of the WDN staff
- Develop and manage creative and effective processes to ensure that communications and programming for our initiatives run smoothly.
- Design and write compelling member communications, in conjunction with our communications team.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in membership organizations, community organizing, donor organizing, policy work, or other relevant experience.
- The ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and manage complex projects on tight timelines.
- A history of working with diverse constituencies and an excellent track-record of building trusting relationships and listening to diverse viewpoints.
- Strong group facilitation experience and aptitude for consensus-building, diplomacy, and motivating others to action.
- Experience implementing compelling learning programs and in-person events.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with an aptitude for translating programmatic work to communicate its importance to a wider audience
- Experience writing compelling strategy documents, marketing materials, and program report-outs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively and flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise or experience in some of the issue areas and social justice strategies that WDN focuses on.
- Demonstrated values consistent with the mission and vision of WDN, including embracing intersectionality as a core value of our work.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working with high-net-worth donors
- Experience working in a foundation, philanthropic advising, or nonprofit organization
- Experience in community organizing and/or issue campaigns
- Program design and implementation or project management experience
- Policy analysis experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce
- Demonstrated skills in writing memos, papers and communications tools for diverse audiences
WDN provides highly competitive compensation based on skills and experience, with excellent health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits, and the possibility of occasional telecommuting. We offer a positive work environment that supports work-life balance. This position is full time, exempt, and generally office-based. Our standard daily hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience
- Current resume
- 1-page writing sample
- Three references with contact information
Materials should be submitted via email as one single PDF attachment. Please include Sr. Program Manager, Your Name in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Absolutely no calls, please.
WDN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. The working environment and physical demands of this position include the use of general office equipment; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; using a keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time; and hearing and vision within normal ranges for computer work. Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations will be made so that disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise us of your needs in writing at the time of application.