Meet the First Philanthropy Forward CEO Leadership Cohort
In October 2018, some of philanthropy's top leaders came together for the launch of Philanthropy Forward, a new leadership fellowship for CEOs of progressive philanthropic institutions, hosted by Neighborhood Funders Group in partnership with The Aspen Forum for Community Solutions.
Over the next eight months, this cohort will build and advance a shared vision for the future of philanthropy as a financial engine for equity and social justice. Philanthropy Forward will provide opportunities to build deep relationships across foundations, learn what peers are grappling with, and work together as strategic thought partners on the sector's most challenging issues.
2018 - 2019 Philanthropy Forward Cohort
- Dimple Abichandani, General Service Foundation
- Sharon Alpert, Nathan Cummings Foundation
- Elizabeth Barajas-Roman, Solidago Foundation
- Ned Calonge, The Colorado Trust
- Irene Cooper-Basch, Victoria Foundation
- Farhad A. Ebrahimi, The Chorus Foundation
- Nicky Goren, Meyer Foundation
- Justin Maxson, Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation
- Joan Minieri, Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program at Shelter Rock
- Maria Mottola, New York Foundation
- Mike Pratt, Scherman Foundation
- Jocelyn Sargent, Hyams Foundation
- Pamela Shifman, NoVo Foundation
- Starsky D. Wilson, Deaconess Foundation
- Steve Patrick, Aspen Institute Forum for Community solutions
- Dennis Quirin, Neighborhood Funders Group
If your foundation's executive director would benefit from joining the next class of progressive leaders in philanthropy, get in touch with Adriana Rocha, NFG's Vice President of Programs, at email@example.com.
This fellowship is best suited for philanthropic institutions that are already supporting racial equity and powerbuilding, and are looking to go deeper by building a strong peer group and aligning more towards equity and impact. Learn more about the core program components and participant experience.